Remember the saying, "old soldiers never die, they just fade away." This might be true of Google Picasa. Well, in case you do not know, Google Picasa was at a time, the best in its game, talking of photo organization and/or management tools, just about four years ago. But, unfortunately, for one reason or the other, it was truncated or cut short by Google itself and Google Photos took its place.
Now, Google Photos has been somehow designed and fashioned with a great task, to serve as a photo management tool. But, for most people, it's far behind and can't be compared to its predecessor, Google Picasa, when it comes to features or its services. So, many users of Google Picasa, have now, since its demise, permit me to use that word, being saddled with a somewhat heavy burden or weight, to look for a Google Picasa look-alike, in terms of features and all.
Nonetheless, don't forget that it is our joy to give you a helping hand in your quest to be served better. So, having that registered, we've successfully packaged, just for you, some best Google Picasa alternatives or look-alike that you'd enjoy utilizing today.
Shall we look at it together?
- Best Google Picasa alternatives 2022
- Microsoft Photos
- Photoshop Elements
- Apowersoft Photo Viewer
- FastStone Image Viewer
- Imagine Picture Viewer
- Photo Organizer
- Adobe Lightroom CC
Best Google Picasa alternatives 2022
Photoscape - Site Link
First on our list today! It's a great photo management tool that you could try today. With Photoscape, you are bound to get abundance of photo management and editing elements. This is one of the solid reasons it's distinct.
Some other features for you to enjoy when using this Google Picasa alternative;
Also Read: Top Android Music Players in 2022
1. Split photos
2. Screengrab or capturing and so on.
However, one little drawback is that, it doesn't support cloud storage.
Dropbox - Site Link
With Dropbox, you can be sure to get quality photo management features as you have the rare privilege of creating folders and/or groups to set your pictures in order. Right here, you overcome the little drawback with Photoscape as you are entitled to the cloud storage feature.
Well, not just that, the cloud storage advantage or feature also comes with the option of utilizing it to store or keep any form of file there is. Be it;
2. Documents or even
Check the video below for details:
And not to worry, this feature is very simple to navigate.
Flickr - Site Link
Another Google Picasa alternative worthy of note is Flickr. Yes, it mostly viewed as a site for sharing images or photos. Still, it is also into the business of photo management and storage. With the non-premium membership account, it gives you the freedom of saving and storing about a thousand photos. Still cool right?
That aside, it still presents help in terms of editing photos via Aviary. And when it comes to cloud-based photo sharing platform, it arguably sits in a convenient spot at the top.
Learn more on how it works in the video below:
XnView - Site Link
When we talk of great viewer applications or tools for Windows OS, it is arguably one of the most preferred and highly rated ones. Besides that, the software is pretty fast and easy to navigate. To add to its good books, it currently supports or makes room for over half a thousand diverse picture layouts.
Reminiscing on the quality user interface Google Picasa offered, Xnview is a good model of that. With these few points presented, we can arguably conclude that Xnview tops the chart as the best image viewer application or tool for Windows 10, to be precise.
Microsoft Photos - Site Link
Microsoft Photos is the aboriginal picture or photo management and organizing tool for Windows operating system. Since it's the native Windows 10 OS photo management tool, it is integrated with the needed features for photo or picture management and editing capability.
Funny enough, it's not really a people's choice when it comes to photo editing, organizing and management, probably because it's integrated with the Windows operating system. But, did you know that it not only enables you to do image editing or help you manage your photos, it is also embedded with a video editor that you can incorporate to make good videos of your photo store easily? Yes, it does, have it. Go try it out today.
Photoshop Elements - Site Link
I think its right to say Photoshop Elements is a well structured compact version of Adobe Photoshop and definitely contains basic features still. Thus, it is a good alternative for Google Picasa that you can surely incorporate on your Windows PC. You can still edit, manage and organize your photos on Photoshop Elements.
For more details, see this video:
See some of its other features;
1. Uploading and sharing made easy.
3. Scrapbook pages.
IrfanView - Site Link
Looking for a strictly photo management and organization tool? Don't go too far, as IrfanView is your best bet! And its got all necessary and basic features there is. One lovely thing about IrfanView is its lightweight. You don't need to stress yourself concerning creating enough space on your windows computer for it. Just 5mb or thereabout is ok. Super light in weight!
Also Read: Best Voice Changer Apps for Discord 2022
However, hardly does a thing come with no shortcoming and so it is for IrfanView. Image editing features are not enabled in this particular software.
Apowersoft Photo Viewer - Site Link
Simplicity is the order of the day here. And it can also be related as one of the top image viewer for Windows. It has got some interesting and similar features to Google Picasa, making it a good alternative.
1. Different options are provided for editing photos, such as, modifying the brightness level.
2. Several formats you can choose to store your photos are available.
FastStone Image Viewer - Site Link
Speaking of one of the top image viewer there is, you can't strike out Faststone Image Viewer from the list. It is a free software for Windows computer. And straight to the point, it's readily available and compatible with arguably all file formats.
Freshview - Site Link
A well advanced photo viewer software for Windows 10 and aligns with virtually every file format there is. With this tool, you can make your photos or images as organized as it can be. To add more flavor, it gives a plus, as it also favors audio and visual(video) formats.
Imagine Picture Viewer - Site Link
One of the possible alternatives for Google Picasa. It's sort of related to Honeyview, we'll get to that much later. With this tool, you can easily view your pictures and its got the necessary editing tools and features.
Photo Organizer - Site Link
Just as its name suggests, it's a basic tool that literally helps you give your photos a good arrangement and thus, a worthy alternative for Google Picasa. It works fine on Windows for photo collage. See the reason why I said it's a good photo organizer just as its name depicts.
Learn more on how to use it in this video:
It scavenge for photos or images scattered across your system, afterward, arrange them in a fine order into folders according to metadata. You see now? You can't go run with Photo Organizer. Nothing like finding it hard to locate a certain picture or photo on your PC any longer.
More so, the subset folders can be well arranged according to;
4. Camera type
Isn't it wow?
Some other exciting features:
1. No duplication as picture duplicates are easily dealt with here.
2. Batch images can be renamed.
3. Fast discovery of pictures.
With this tool on your PC, searching for pictures manually becomes obsolete.
HoneyView - Site Link
It's a simple tool that supports a good range of file formats and a good image viewer it is. As regards editing, it gives the fundamental features, brightness for example.
Adobe Lightroom CC - Site Link
If you haven't found your best alternative for Google Picasa in the list, for one reason or the other, get ready as you might really fall in love with this one.
Also Read: Best Android Emulators for Windows PC
It's a good option or alternative for Google Picasa has its really efficient when it comes to picture organization and management, also editing.
One interesting fact about this tool is that you can have duplicate, meaning, you get to save the edited form of your picture and the real picture itself apiece. So, this way, you can fall back to your original picture if need be. Now, tell me this is good enough!
Its features don't stop there. See more below:
1. It is highly compatible with Windows, Android or iOS, even Mac. How nice!
2. Cloud storage is readily available. Which means, you have the rare privilege to access your pictures right from any device you deem fit. No restrictions at all. Tell me, what more can you ask for?
3. It's virtually integrated with all the editing tools you need.
4. Editing is somewhat easy to navigate even for newbies.
However, one little drawback is that it doesn't really come free. No worries, you could go for the free trial version to enjoy its service and if need be, join the premium membership afterward.
There you have it, the best alternatives for Google Picasa 2022. Don't just settle for your first catch, take time to explore all and see which one really does it for you. And, more importantly, do not forget to tell us your experience in the comment section right below here and hit the share button to let others become partakers of the goodies too.
- ACDSee – Photo Studio Home. ...
- Adobe® Lightroom™ CC. ...
- Luminar™ 4. ...
- Google™ Photos. ...
While Google Photos, which replaced Google Picasa, offers similar features, it never felt as intuitive and easy to use as the latter. Thankfully, there are tons of new and old services out there which provide almost all the features that made Google Picasa such a great image management service.Is Picasa a free photo management software from Google? ›
Picasa is free photo management software from Google that helps you find, edit and share your photos in seconds.Is there a version of Picasa for Windows 10? ›
Yes, you can download Picasa for Windows 10. The program runs smoothly and is compatible with most devices you may have. You can easily import pictures from your camera to your computer through the Picasa software.What can I use if I don't want to use Google? ›
- Bing. Bing search engine. Microsoft's Bing is the second largest search engine after Google. ...
- DuckDuckGo. DuckDuckGo search engine. ...
- 3. Yahoo! Yahoo search engine. ...
- Ask. Ask search engine. ...
- Baidu. Baidu search engine. ...
- WolframAlpha. WolframAlpha search engine. ...
- Boardreader. Boardreader search engine. ...
- StartPage. Startpage search engine.
"After much thought and consideration, we have decided to retire Picasa over in the coming months in order to focus entirely on a single photo service in Google Photos.Which photo program is best? ›
- Photoshop. The best photo editing software overall. ...
- Affinity Photo. The best photo editing software that's subscription-free. ...
- CyberLink PhotoDirector 365. ...
- Luminar NEO. ...
- Luminar AI. ...
- inPixio Photo Studio 11. ...
- Pixlr X / Pixlr E. ...
- Corel PaintShop Pro.
You can access your Picasa Web Albums data, including your tags, captions, and comments, at the Album Archive. Can I still use the desktop application? For those who have already downloaded it, it will continue to work as it does today. But we will not be developing it further, and there will be no future updates.What happened to my pictures on Picasa? ›
After Picasa retired, its Web Albums are no longer available. But if you want to find old Picasa photos in Web Album, recover from Google Photos. Simply log in to your Google Photos and view the album archives. You will find your old Picasa photos but their tags, comments, and captions might be missing.What is the best free photo management software from Google? ›
- Movavi Photo Editor.
- Adobe Bridge CC.
- Magix Photo Manager Deluxe.
- Apple Photos.
- Google Photos.
- Digikam Photo Manager.
- Nikon ViewNX-i.
- Apowersoft Photo Viewer.
Google Photos is the stock Android photo manager (although it's also available on iOS) and it deserves mention for a ton of great features.Can I use my existing Google account to access Picasa? ›
You can use your existing Google account (the one you use to log into GMail) to sign in.What was the latest version of Picasa? ›
|Picasa version 22.214.171.124 on Windows 8.1|
|Final release||Windows: 126.96.36.1999 (9 October 2015) [±] Mac: 188.8.131.526 (9 October 2015) [±]|
|Operating system||Windows, OS X, LG Smart TV|
|Type||Image organizer, image viewer|
It turns out, you can. Today we will learn how to transfer Picasa from one computer to another, including all of your specific preferences and presets – and all of your photos and pictures.How can I see my old photos? ›
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- At the bottom, tap Library.
- Under "Photos on device," check your device folders.
- Comparison Of Some Top Secure Search Engine.
- #1) Startpage.
- #2) DuckDuckGo.
- #3) searX.
- #4) Qwant.
- #5) Swisscows.
- #6) MetaGer.
- #7) Mojeek.
Don't just ask about the richest person in your country followed by where you can buy a gun. You get the idea, this is one of the things you should never ask Google Assistant.
- Brave Search.
- Search Encrypt.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- At the bottom, tap Library Trash .
- Touch and hold the photo or video you want to restore.
- At the bottom, tap Restore. The photo or video will be back: In your phone's gallery app.
Google is ending free unlimited (compressed) Photos storage tomorrow. The company first announced the move in November 2020 and later confirmed that even upcoming Pixel phones aren't going to be exempt from the adjustment later.
- Select the photos you want to upload. ...
- Click the Green “Upload to Google Photos” button, log in to your Google account if necessary.
- Select an existing Album, or click the New button and enter a new album name.
- Choose a size: Original or Best for Sharing. ...
- Click Upload.
Here is the list of the popular free photo editors: Canva. GIMP. Fotor.Why does Picasa not show all pictures? ›
Picasa won't show any files or folders that have been marked hidden in Windows. To see if a folder is hidden, follow these steps: Start Windows File Explorer, Go to the Tools > Options > View menu and set it to Show Hidden Files and Folders.How do I organize my thousands of digital photos? ›
- Gather All of Your Files into One Location. ...
- Create a Folder Structure. ...
- Decide on a System and Rename Your Files. ...
- Check for Photo Duplicates. ...
- Cull Your Unwanted Photos. ...
- Convert Your Non-Digital Photographs. ...
- Use Dedicated Software to Manage Your Digital Photos. ...
- Use an External Hard Drive.
- Create transparent folders and file naming systems.
- Implement metadata management.
- Utilize auto tagging software.
- Take advantage of cloud storage systems.
- Manage offline storage hardware.
A powerful image editing program, ACDSee Photo Studio Professional 2022 is also an excellent digital asset management and photo editing software. Users can organize their photos using keywords, by date, using categories, via location, colour labels, and even EXIF data built right into the files themselves.How can I organize my photos quickly? ›
- Step 1: Delete Unnecessary Photos Right Away. ...
- Step 2: Organize Photos into Albums or Folders. ...
- Step 3: Edit Photos as Needed. ...
- Step 4: Download and Back Up Your Photos. ...
- Step 5: Delete Photos from Other Devices.
- Delete, delete, delete. ...
- Create a folder. ...
- Make chronological sub-folders. ...
- Separate your special occasions. ...
- Import photos at least monthly. ...
- Name your photos well. ...
- Back-up. ...
- Tackling the back-log.
- Don't Rely on Storing Images on Memory Cards. ...
- Store Your Photos on External Hard Drives. ...
- Backup Your Photos on the Cloud. ...
- Save Your Photos as Email Attachments. ...
- Go Old School and Burn Your Photos to CD. ...
- Print Your Favorite Photos and Put Them on Display.
The good news, you don't have to. Moving your Google Picasa to a new computer is simple as long as you first copy all your photos and, Picasa is installed under the same user paths as your old system.
While it's safe to download images from someone's Picasa Web Album, other types of files may contain malware that may harm your computer. A good anti-virus program protects you by scanning files you download from the Internet.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on your old computer. ...
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the new Windows 11 computer. ...
- If you'd like to select which applications and files you want to transfer, press the Advanced menu. ...
- Press “Go” on the Windows 11 computer to start the transfer.
Picasa has gone for good, and is never coming back. Google has moved onto Google Photos, and the sooner you choose an alternative the better. You may be wondering whether you can still download a copy of Picasa. While there are undoubtedly ways and means to do so, we don't recommend that course of action.Can you access photos from years ago? ›
Can you Recover Photo Deleted Years Ago? You can restore old data if you keep a backup of your pictures. However, if you don't have a backup, you can use an old photo recovery tool like Photos Recovery to retrieve photos, video, and audio deleted a year ago unless the data is not overwritten.Can you recover old photos from years ago? ›
The answer is ? Yes?. Fortunately, there are recovery software whose search engines can retrieve photos deleted long time ago from PC, Mac, and removable storage drives. Further, various backup solutions also keep you safe from losing old deleted photos.What is the best free alternative to Google Photos? ›
- Dropbox. Large capacity cloud-based storage with photo-specific features. ...
- Flickr. The best general photo storage service. ...
- Microsoft OneDrive. General cloud storage with photo support. ...
- Amazon Photos. Best option for Amazon Prime members. ...
- iCloud. ...
- Adobe Creative Cloud. ...
- Piwigo. ...
Google stopped supporting Picasa3 on March 15, 2016, and removed the installation file from the Picasa and Picasa Web Albums Help website. Read more about Picasa's "retirement".Does Microsoft have something like Google Photos? ›
OneDrive (Windows Live SkyDrive), also known as Microsoft OneDrive, is a network drive and cloud-based service from Microsoft. This service can be used to store photos, videos, documents, etc. Recently OneDrive has released a photo editing feature that is comparable to Google Photos.Does Google have something like Microsoft Paint? ›
Photo Paint Instant is a fast drawing app with image, photo. Supports paint, drawing, webcam capture, and Goolge Drive's photos. Photo Paint Instant is an easy to use paint & drawing application with image, photo. You can choose a image, photo file from your computer or from Google Drive.What is the easiest free photo editor to use? ›
- #1 – InPixio – We Have a New Winner for 2021!
- #2) Fotor – The revolutionary photo editor.
- #3) Gimp – Oh, How the Mighty Have Fallen.
- #4) BeFunky – Fun is its Middle Name.
- #5) Photoshop Express – Your Photoshop Fix. Just FREE.
- #6) Canva – By Far the Easiest.
- #7) Paint.net – Better than MS Paint! </h3.
- #8) Pixlr.
Google Photos will no longer include unlimited free storage
You'll have just 15GB of free storage starting in June 2021.
Albums that you've already synced to Picasa Web Albums are already in Google Photos. Picasa no longer works online, so you will not be able to add or sync albums or individual photos. Learn how to back up photos and videos to Google Photos.How do I get my old photos from Picasa? ›
Where can I find my photos? If you have photos or videos in a Picasa Web Album, the easiest way to still access, modify and share most of that content is to log in to Google Photos. Your photos and videos will already be there.What is better than Google Images? ›
- TinEye Reverse Image Search Engine. ...
- Google Images. ...
- 3. Yahoo Image Search. ...
- Bing Image Search. ...
- Pinterest Visual Search Tool. ...
- Openverse. ...
- Flickr. ...
- Getty Images.
The answer to this comes down to how you use these Google apps. Google Drive works fine if you only want to use it for sharing files and folders. But, if you want to create a photo collection and need some basic photo-editing features, Google Photos is your best option.What is Microsoft Paint called now? ›
|Paint on Windows 11|
|Other names||Paintbrush (1985–1995)|
|Stable release||11.2110.0.0 / October 4, 2021|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
Microsoft has retired MS Paint in favor of Paint 3D.